SAXONS IN SCHOOLS
We have a passion for imparting history to children in an informative and entertaining manner.
Our aim is to prove there is more to the Saxon's than king Alfred burning the cakes, and the battle of Hastings.
As the Saxon's were also accomplished fine craftsmen, woodworkers, story tellers and riddle writers.
A month before the educational visit, instructions will be sent on how to make the swords, helmets, and shields. The day itself will follow the lesson plan and learning objectives we have already devised (amendments can be made to suit the teacher and class requirements). The children should gain an insight into Saxon life, history and culture.
The visit will be run by Paula ( Saeflayed is her Saxon name ) is a level 2 qualified teaching assistant with many years of reenactment experience, combine this with her passion for the Saxon makes her capable of assisting the teacher in bringing the Saxons to life for the pupils.
On the day
Our aim during the day is to encourage an environment of discussion and creativity where the children can have fun learning about the Saxons.
The standard Saxon in school day consists of a lesson plan similar to the one below:
- Gaining an insight into Anglo Saxon life, lifestyle and culture.
- Learning about the Saxon place in history.
- Craft session ~ for example making clay pots.
- Learn about Saxon weapons and warefare
- Consolidation of the days activities into a visual form~ for example drawings
- £145 for the educational vist
- Plus travel expenses for further afield
- Consumables extra ( e.g clay unless supplied by school).
- Any extra requests, prices available